Connectionists: The hippocampal formation: a short overview on Youtube

Martin Pyka martin.pyka at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 10:42:53 EDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I noted that many people working on the hippocampus have problems to
understand how it looks like in 3d. Therefore, I created a short video
that shows the hippocampal formation of the mouse and rat in 3d with
some of the projections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY0XWBFcxQA

I hope it is useful for anybody who doesn't quite get how the
hippocampus looks like. You are free to take, remix or amend this video
(with proper reference to the original, CC-license).

The 3d models for Blender will be available soon as well.

Best,
Martin