Connectionists: [visum2014] - 2nd VISion Understanding and Machine intelligence summer school (Call for Participation)

Ricardo Sousa rsousa at dcc.fc.up.pt
Thu Jan 23 10:30:44 EST 2014

  Call for Participation

2^nd  *VISion Understanding and Machine intelligence summer school*

http://www.fe.up.pt/visum/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCt8xVvUP2o

We invite everyone interested in computer vision to attend the 2nd *VISion Understanding and Machine intelligence summer school* between 3-10 of July.

    Important Dates

Application Deadline:

March 1, 2014

Decision:

March 9, 2014

Early Registration:

April 10, 2014

Late Registration:

May 10, 2014

Summer School:

July 3, 2014

    Visum will comprise three main tracks

·         Fundamental subjects

·         Examples of computer vision applications

·         Industrial session

Each one with extensive practical "hands-on" sessions

*Topics*

·         Machine learning on computer vision

o   Professor Jaime S. Cardoso, Universidade Porto <http://www.up.pt>

·         Image segmentation

o   Professor Cristian Sminchisescu, Lund University
<http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/>

·         Human computer interaction

o   Professor Russell Beale, University of Birmingham
<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/>

·         RGB-D cameras

o   Doctor Juergen Sturm, Technical University of Munich
<http://www.tum.de/>

·         Biometrics

o   Professor Hugo Proença, University of Beira Interior <http://www.ubi.pt>

·         Feature detectors

o   Professor Vincent Lepetit, ÉCOLE POLYTECHNIQUE FÉDÉRALE DE LAUSANNE
<http://www.epfl.ch/index.en.html>

·         Applications

o   Professor André Marçal, Universidade Porto <http://www.up.pt>

    Industry Track

  * /Siemens S.A./ <http://www.siemens.pt>/- /Eng. João Dias//
  * /E-Commerce Sonae MC/ <http://www.continente.pt/>/  - /Eng. Nuno
    Almeida//
  * /Albatroz Engineering/ <http://www.albatroz-eng.com>/- /Eng. Sérgio
    Copeto//

    Venue

visum will take place in Porto, Portugal's second-largest city, European
Best Destination 2012 and Lonely Planet's top 10 for 2013. Here, you can
find famous baroque style monuments, the worldwide known Port Wine
cellars, always having the World Heritage Douro River as the background
of this youthful, active and charming city. Visum's program includes
social activities.

Please visit our webpage for up to date information:
http://www.fe.up.pt/visum/.

We are looking forward to your participation!

visum organising committee

http://www.fe.up.pt/visum

visum at fe.up.pt <mailto:visum at fe.up.pt>

Follow us on: