Connectionists: Postdoc position, 12 months, deep neural networks

Hans du Buf dubuf at ualg.pt
Fri Feb 7 12:26:12 EST 2014

The Vision Laboratory is a small group (2 postdocs plus
7 PhD students plus 3 MSc students) which develops models
of visual perception. Our models of simple, complex and
end-stopped cells run in real time on multi-core CPUs and
on GPUs. The keypoints show state-of-the-art repeatability.
Apart from naive Bayes nearest-neighbour classification,
we are developing NN hierarchies for object detection and
recognition in complex scenes on mobile robots.

We need a postdoc who is specialized in NN architectures.
NNs, learning, Naive Bayes, CPU and GPU programming, and
cognitive robotics.

Start: preferably March or soon after.
Duration: 12 months.
Remuneration: 1495 euro/month - exempt from taxation.
Ample money: for computers and conferences.
Location: Faro, sunny Algarve, Portugal.

Interested postdocs should apply BEFORE March 7, 2014!
Pls send email with CV to Prof. Joao Rodrigues
(jrodrig at ualg.pt) or to me (dubuf at ualg.pt).

Regards,
Hans

Prof.dr.ir. J.M.H. du Buf                          mailto:dubuf at ualg.pt
Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science - FCT,
University of Algarve,                            fax (+351) 289 818560
Campus de Gambelas, 8000 Faro, Portugal. tel (+351) 289 800900 ext 7761