Connectionists: New paper on why modules evolve, and how to evolve modular neural networks

Jeff Clune jeffclune at uwyo.edu
Fri Mar 29 20:30:08 EDT 2013

Hello Christos,

Rafael Calabretta keeps a list of papers on the subject of the evolution of modularity.

http://gral.ip.rm.cnr.it/rcalabretta/modularity.html

I like your idea of a wiki too. It could be a great resource for the field. We could even start fleshing out this page, which is currently nearly empty: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modularity_(biology)

PS. Thanks to everyone who has participated in the discussion of our paper The Evolutionary Origins of Modularity. Some of the papers that have been mentioned we reference in our paper, and others are new to us. We have enjoyed learning about the various different studies and opinions on this subject, and look forward to more great work to come.

Best regards,
Jeff Clune

Assistant Professor
Computer Science