Connectionists: INCF Short Course on Neuroinformatics, Neurogenomics and Brain Disease, September 2013

Alexander Heimel heimel at nin.knaw.nl
Tue Mar 12 08:51:37 EDT 2013

To understand the brain and its disorders, we needed to get data.
Now we have data, and we need to analyze it.

INCF Short Course on Neuroinformatics, Neurogenomics and Brain DIsease
https://sites.google.com/site/neuroinformaticsjamboree/
14-20 September 2013, Fraueninsel (Bavaria), Germany

OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS until April 30th, 2013

Program
In this exciting five-day course at an idyllic European location, we
will discuss and demonstrate many neuroinformatics tools and public
data resources in the context of neurogenomics and brain diseases. The
mornings and evenings are filled with lectures on areas of
neuroscience in which large datasets are becoming available, such as
the synaptic complex and the proteome, synaptic plasticity,
impulsivity, mRNAs, neuro-ontology, neurogenomics, and neurogenesis.
In the afternoons, students and lecturers together will attempt to
apply the new tools and datasets to answer specific research
questions. Our aim is to have jointly written draft papers for each of
the questions by the end of the course.

Target audience
All neuroscientists with an interest in neuroinformatics,
neurogenomics or brain disease. Graduate students and postdocs are
welcome, but also more advanced researchers eager to learn how to
exploit the potential of neuroinformatics tools and publicly available
datasets in answering their research questions. We aim for about 40
participants.

Lodging
Lodging, food and coffee will be provided. The course fee is 100 euros
only, thanks to generous gifts of our sponsors. We hope to make travel
stipends available by application for a selected number of students.

Organizers: Alexander Heimel, Rupert Overall and Rob Williams.
More info or applications: neuroinformatics.jamboree at gmail.com