Connectionists: machine learning + optimization excellence chair position in Montreal

Yoshua Bengio bengioy at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Feb 16 10:59:10 EST 2013

Hello,

The Canadian government has recently created a very selective 'Excellence Chairs' program and we (the U. Montreal campus including the Polytechnique engineering school and the HEC business school) have won the competition with a proposal for a chair in the area at the intersection/union of machine learning and optimization / operations research, with the title 'Data Science for Real-Time Decision Making'.  We are now looking for a candidate for the chair, full-professor level, with very strong research track and leadership skills.

The chair comes with a very good salary and a big lump of money for 7 years (10 M$ for direct research costs, up to 30 M$ in total including infrastructure and equipment costs).

There is an official announcement with more details there:

 http://oraweb.aucc.ca/pls/ua/ua_rf3?advertisement_number_in=26498

but please do not hesitate to contact me if you want to learn more or if you know somebody who might be a good candidate. Not knowing French is not an obstacle.

-- Yoshua Bengio