Connectionists: 3 faculty positions at Georgia State University

Mukesh Dhamala mdhamala at phy-astr.gsu.edu
Tue Sep 11 08:56:41 EDT 2012

*

Faculty Positions in Human Neuroimaging, Georgia State University*

Multiple Faculty Positions in Human Neuroimaging. As part of its Second
Century
Initiative (http://www.gsu.edu/secondcentury/) and pending budgetary
approval,
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA anticipates hiring up to 3
tenure-track faculty
members (open rank, applicants at Associate or Full Professor-levels
preferred) with
established research programs in human behavior and expertise in
neuroimaging, to
begin Fall 2013. We seek established scientists who will join our
growing cadre of
researchers who are capitalizing on our state-of-the-art facilities at
the GSU/GT Joint
Center for Advanced Brain Imaging (CABI; http://www.cabiatl.com/CABI/),
and help advance current
GSU research initiatives that include Brains and Behavior
(http://neuroscience.gsu.edu/3650.html) and
Language and Literacy (http://www.researchlanglit.gsu.edu), and may
build upon our current strengths
in atypical development and learning (http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwaty),
clinical neuropsychology,
and/or cognitive science
(http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwpsy/graduate_programs.html). A number of GSU
units will support these individuals to drive a broad vision for
interdisciplinary and cross-departmental
research. Ongoing activities at the CABI include functional and
structural neuroimaging within the areas
of working memory, cognitive control, reading and language, and emotion
processing as well as with a
wide range of clinical and developmental populations, including
survivors of cancer, sports-related
concussions, as well as children and adults with autism and other
neurological, genetic, and psychiatric
conditions.
The candidate will be appointed in a relevant department (e.g.,
Psychology and/or Neuroscience,
Physics) at Georgia State University. A Ph.D., M.D./Ph.D. or similar
degree in psychology, neuroscience
or a related research discipline is required. The successful candidate
will have strong academic
credentials and an outstanding record of research achievement, including
a strong record of external
research funding. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain
a productive, funded research
program in human neuroimaging, and will be expected to demonstrate
graduate and undergraduate
instructional effectiveness with a diverse student body. Interested
individuals should send a curriculum
vita, a cover letter stating research interests and experience, evidence
of instructional effectiveness, and
three letters of recommendation. Review of applications will begin on
October 19, 2012, but application
materials will be accepted until the positions are filled. Applications
should be sent to:
Human Neuroimaging Search Committee
Department of Psychology
Box 5010
Georgia State University
Atlanta, GA 30302-5010
neuroimaging at gsu.edu
An offer of employment will be conditional on background verification.
Georgia State University, a
Research University of the University System of Georgia, is an EEO/AA
Employer and encourages
applications from women and minority candidates.