Connectionists: Open-rank position: Systems Neuroscience at Penn State

Ping Li pul8 at psu.edu
Tue Oct 16 13:19:35 EDT 2012

The Department of Psychology at Penn State (http://psych.la.psu.edu/) is
recruiting for a systems or computational neuroscientist (open rank) with
expertise in advanced data analysis techniques (e.g., graph theory,
meta-analysis, data mining, structural equation modeling) as applied to
neuroimaging (fMRI, EEG) data. Candidates with expertise in how structural
or functional connectivity relates to behavior are especially encouraged to
apply. We prefer candidates at the associate professor level or higher who
can contribute leadership to the growing neuroscience and imaging
communities, but we will consider outstanding junior candidates. The
position is co-funded by the Children, Youth, and Families Consortium (
http://www.ssri.psu.edu/cyfc/), and successful applicants are expected to
participate in and contribute to the Social, Life, and Engineering Sciences
Imaging Center (http://www.imaging.psu.edu). Participation in and
contribution to the Graduate Program in Neuroscience (
http://www.huck.psu.edu/education/neuroscience) and the Center for Brain,
Behavior, and Cognition (http://cbbc.psu.edu/) would be welcome. Rich
opportunities exist for collaboration within the department’s substantive
focal areas (cognitive, developmental, social, clinical, and
industrial/organizational psychology) and across the campus. Applicants who
could also contribute to an overarching department initiative to enhance
diversity and our understanding of diversity are particularly encouraged to
apply. Candidates are expected to have a record of excellence in research
and teaching, and a history or promise of external funding. Review of
applications for the position begins November 1, 2012 and will continue
until the position is filled. Candidates should submit a letter of
application including concise statements of research and teaching
interests, a CV, and selected (p)reprints. Junior candidates should submit
at least three letters of recommendation; letters of recommendation for
senior candidates will be requested from those selected as finalists.
Electronic submission is strongly preferred; please submit materials at
http://www.la.psu.edu/facultysearch/. If unable to submit electronically,
mail materials to Neuroscience Faculty Search Committee – Box A, Department
of Psychology, Penn State, University Park, PA 16802.  Questions regarding
the application process can be emailed to Judy Bowman, jak8 at psu.edu, and
questions regarding the position can be sent to Rick Gilmore,
rogilmore at psu.edu. Employment will require successful completion of
background check(s) in accordance with University policies.  We especially
encourage applications from individuals of diverse backgrounds.  Penn State
is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of
its workforce.