Connectionists: Brainliner

Yukiyasu Kamitani kmtn at atr.jp
Tue May 29 00:37:01 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Often neurophysiological experiments conclude with the publication of a paper, leaving the collected data sets dormant. However, many new discoveries could be potentially made by using this data. We created http://BrainLiner.jp as a web portal for sharing time-aligned brain and behavioral data, in order to make it easy for people to share data they have with the greater scientific community.

We recently updated our portal to provide support for downloading data as Matlab (.mat) files, in addition to Neuroshare files. This allows anyone with Matlab, R, Python, or Java experience to easily read data stored in our standard file format. Examples of how to read Matlab files downloaded from BrainLiner can be found at
http://www.cns.atr.jp/dni/en/brainliner/how-to-read-our-data-format/.

Currently only Neuroshare (.nsn) files can be uploaded, but if anyone wants to provide us with data in another format, we will happily convert the data to Neuroshare for you. Please contact us at brainliner-admin at atr.jp or at www.facebook.com/brainliner if you have any questions or would like assistance in preparing a dataset to share.

Yuki

Yukiyasu Kamitani, Ph.D.

ATR Computational Neuroscience
Laboratories