Connectionists: PhD-position in Neuroscience – Optical Imaging

dirk jancke dirk.jancke at rub.de
Thu Jul 19 09:40:44 EDT 2012

PhD-position in Neuroscience – Optical Imaging

German-Israeli Project Cooperation: We are seeking a highly-motivated
candidate for a PhD position for our project “Decoding visual content
and perception from neuronal population activity in visual cortex: VSDI,
fMRI and computational modelling”.

This project includes in vivo voltage-sensitive dye imaging (VSDI) of
the mammalian cortex.
Further, we will compare neuronal processing dynamics, as captured by
VSDI, with human fMRI-data.

Keen interest in visual system neuroscience, a strong background in
mathematics and programming are required. Intense interchange with our
project partners in Israel and Berlin demands willingness to travel and
high interest in interdisciplinary approaches.

For more information see
http://www.nncn.de/nachrichten-en/deutschisraelischesprojekt/

The successful candidate (Master or Diploma degree in Biology, Physics,
or Neuroscience are required) will benefit from being part of the
neuroscience community at the Ruhr-University (SFB 874 -
http://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/sfb874/index_en.html and the Research
Department of Neuroscience -
http://www.rd.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/neuro/index.html.en). The student will
enjoy collaborative input from the Institut für Neuroinformatik, and
will have full access to state-of-the-art computational and optical
imaging facilities.

The position (E13 TV-L/50%) is presently available for 3 years.
Application process will remain open until the position is filled.

Applications:
To apply, please send CV, personal statement of research background and
interests and the name and contact of 2 referees (one pdf document) to
dirk.jancke at rub.de

PD. Dr. Dirk Jancke
Bernstein Group for Computational Neuroscience
Institut für Neuroinformatik, NB 2/27
Ruhr-University Bochum
D-44780 Bochum
Germany
http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Dirk.Jancke

The Ruhr-University Bochum is committed to equal opportunity. We
strongly encourage applications from qualified women and persons with
disabilities.