Connectionists: Position in Computational Neuroscience / Moreno-Bote lab

Ruben Moreno Bote rmoreno at bcs.rochester.edu
Thu Mar 10 10:16:39 EST 2011

Position in Theoretical Neuroscience.
Rubén Moreno-Bote’s lab. Foundation Sant Joan de Déu, Barcelona, Spain.

A position (PhD or Postdoc) is available in the
group of Theoretical Neuroscience of Rubén
Moreno-Bote in the Foundation Sant Joan de Déu, Barcelona, Spain.

We are looking for candidates with Physics,
Mathematics, Computer Science or similar
backgrounds, ideally with knowledge of
Neuroscience or Computational Neuroscience, and
interested in theory and applications. We will
also consider candidates with Psychology
background interested in mathematical modeling.

The candidate will develop state of the art
mathematical techniques to understand neuronal
dynamics and will have access to multielectrode
recording neural data. He/she could be also
involved in human behavior experiments and the
development of models of visual perception.  The
candidate will benefit from the stimulating
environment of Barcelona area in Theoretical and
Systems Neuroscience and the opportunity of
enjoying a lively city. Our lab forms part of a
larger network of neuroscience lab in Barcelona
(http://www.barcelonaneuroscience.com).

The Foundation Sant Joan de Déu is a rapidly
growing private research institution associated
with the hospitals Sant Joan de Déu in Spain and
the University of Barcelona.  In the past recent
years it has incorporated several new researchers
in the area of Neuroscience and Cognitive
Psychology, and the newly created Theoretical
Neuroscience group will start activities on September 2011.

Financial support is provided by the Foundation
Sant Joan de Déu (http://www.fsjd.org), a Marie
Curie IRG grant, and a Ramón y Cajal Award.

APPLICATION : A brief letter of motivation (only
for postdoc applicants), a full CV in pdf format,
and names and addresses of 2 referees should be sent to the following address:
rmoreno at bcs.rochester.edu
Informal inquires are welcome.