Connectionists: Springer's Cognitive Computation journal: Table of Contents, Vol.3, No.2 / June 2011 issue

Dr Amir Hussain ahu at cs.stir.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 20:33:40 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues: (with advance apologies for any cross-postings!)

We are delighted to announce the publication of Volume 3, No. 2 / June 2011,
of Springer's Cognitive Computation journal - www.springer.com/12559

The individual list of published articles (Table of Contents) for Vol. 3,
No. 2 / June 2011, can be found at the end of this message (followed by
an overview of the previous Issues/Archive).****

A list of the most downloaded articles can be found here:****

http://www.springer.com/biomed/neuroscience/journal/12559#realtime****

Other 'Online First' published articles not yet in a print issue can be
viewed here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/121361/?Content+Status=Accepted

Reminder: New Cognitive Computation "LinkedIn" Group:
To further strengthen the bonds amongst the interdisciplinary audience of
Cognitive Computation, we have set-up a "Cognitive Computation LinkedIn
group", which has 100+ members already! We warmly invite you to join us at:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3155048!

For further information on the journal and to sign up for electronic "Table
of Contents alerts" please visit the Cognitive Computation homepage:
http://www.springer.com/12559 or follow us on Twitter at:
http://twitter.com/CognComput  for the latest On-line First Issues.

For any questions with regards to LinkedIn and/or Twitter, please contact
Springer's Publishing Editor: Dr. Martijn Roelandse:
martijn.roelandse at springer.com

Finally, we would like to invite you to submit short or regular papers
describing original research or timely review of important areas - our aim
is to peer review all papers within approximately four weeks of receipt. We
also welcome relevant high quality proposals for Special Issues (four are
already planned for 2011-12!).

With our very best wishes to all aspiring readers and authors of Cognitive
Computation,

Amir Hussain, PhD (Editor-in-Chief: Cognitive Computation) E-mail:
ahu at cs.stir.ac.uk
Igor Aleksander, PhD (Honorary Editor-in-Chief: Cognitive Computation)
John G. Taylor, PhD (Chair, Advisory Board: Cognitive Computation)

Table of Contents: Springer's Cognitive Computation, Vol.3, No.2 / June 2011

Consciousness Versus Attention
J. G. Taylor
http://www.springerlink.com/content/g433131421873750/

Accounting for Certain Mental Disorders Within a Comprehensive Cognitive
Architecture
Ron Sun, Nick Wilson & Robert Mathews
http://www.springerlink.com/content/6462k674686757g7/

XCR-1: An Experimental Cognitive Robot Based on an Associative Neural
Architecture
Pentti O. A. Haikonen
http://www.springerlink.com/content/a8858125665957n3/

Dissociated Emergent Response System and Fine-Processing System in Human
Neural Network and a Heuristic Neural Architecture for Autonomous Humanoid
Robots
Xiaodan Yan
http://www.springerlink.com/content/y117520235684647/

Beyond Cognitive Signals
Virginia Espinosa-Duró, Marcos Faundez-Zanuy & Ji?í Mekyska
http://www.springerlink.com/content/pm0616179544215j/

Recognition of Handwritten Arabic Literal Amounts Using a Hybrid Approach
Abdelhak Boukharouba & Abdelhak Bennia
http://www.springerlink.com/content/j687816p28084474/

Computation in Emotional Processing: Quantitative Confirmation of
Proportionality Hypothesis for Angry Unhappy Emotional Intensity to
Perceived Loss
David Nicoladie Tam
http://www.springerlink.com/content/0074x8475ht48728/

Previous Issues/Archive: Overview

The full listing of the Inaugural Vol. 1, No. 1 / March 2009, can be viewed
here (which included invited authoritative reviews by leading researchers in
their areas - including keynote papers from London University's John Taylor,
Igor Aleksander and Stanford University's James McClelland, and invited
papers from Ron Sun, Pentti Haikonen, Geoff Underwood, Kevin Gurney,
Claudius Gross, Anil Seth and Tom Ziemke):
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/1/1/

The full listing of Vol. 1, No. 2 / June 2009, can be viewed here (which
included invited reviews and original research contributions from leading
researchers, including Giacomo Indiveri, Rodney Douglas, Jurgen Schmidhuber,
Thomas Wennekers, Pentti Kanerva and Friedemann Pulvermuller):
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/1/2/

The full listing of Vol.1, No. 3 / Sep 2009, can be viewed here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/1/3/

The full listing of Vol. 1, No. 4 / Dec 2009, can be viewed here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/1/4/

The full listing of Vol.2, No. 1 / March 2010, can be viewed here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/2/1/

The full listing of Vol.2, No. 2 / June 2010, can be viewed here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/2/2/

The full listing of Vol.2, No. 3 / Aug 2010, can be viewed here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/2/3/

The full listing of Vol.2, No. 4 / Dec 2010, can be viewed here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1866-9956/2/4/****

The full listing of Vol.3, No.1 / Mar 2011 (Special Issue on: Saliency,
Attention, Active Visual Search and Picture Scanning, edited by John Taylor
and Vassilis Cutsuridis), can be viewed here:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/hu2245056415633l/

 ****

The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010****

The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC
011159.****