Connectionists: Call for lightning talks at CNS*2011 workshop “Emerging standards for network modeling”

Malin Sandström malin.sandstrom at incf.org
Thu Jun 23 03:10:15 EDT 2011

Call for lightning talks at CNS*2011 workshop “Emerging standards for
network modeling”

The International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility (INCF) and
its task force on multiscale modeling will hold a one-day workshop
“Emerging standards for network modeling” at CNS*2011 in Stockholm,
July 27.

This workshop aims to present an overview of the tools available to
the community that support the development and exchange of network
models, and to give the workshop participants the opportunity to share
their experiences, their questions and comments to help us to further
develop these tools and their interactions.  The program (see link
below) covers NineML, NeuroML, LEMS, PyNN, Connection Set Algebra and
MUSIC, and interactions between these technologies as well as with the
simulators NEURON, NEST, PCSIM, and Brian.

Finally, we would like to invite interested scientists to present
their related work, developed outside of the major initiatives, in a
lightning talk (4 + 1 minutes). We will select 3 to 4 of these talks
to conclude this workshop. To participate, email your talk idea to
Malin Sandström (malin.sandstrom at incf.org) latest Friday July 8.

Full workshop information and program:
http://www.incf.org/programs/modeling/projects/standards/cns-2011-workshop-emerging-standards-for-network-modeling-in-neuroscience

--
Malin Sandström, PhD
Scientific Communication and Public Relations Officer
malin.sandstrom at incf.org

International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility
Karolinska Institutet
Nobels väg 15 A
SE-171 77  Stockholm
Sweden