Connectionists: Postdoc opportunity in, Carandini laboratory, University College London

David Schulz david at carandinilab.net
Tue Jan 11 11:20:39 EST 2011

The Carandini laboratory at University College London seeks a
postdoctoral researcher to work on exciting projects aimed at
establishing neural responses to visual stimuli and neural correlates
of perceptual behaviors, at the levels of circuits and systems in the
mouse brain. The techniques involve combinations of multielectrode
recordings, optogenetics, imaging, operant conditioning, and virtual
reality simulation.

Our work typically involves a combination of experiment and
computational analysis, so the ideal candidate has not only a doctoral
degree in neuroscience (or in a related discipline), but also training
at the undergraduate level (or higher) in quantitative disciplines
such as mathematics, physics or engineering. We expect candidates to
be facile with Matlab programming.

The position is called Research Associate, and the deadline for
applications is February 15, 2011. To apply, see the instructions at
www.carandinilab.net/positions. Feel free to contact Matteo
(@carandinilab.net) if you have any questions. It helps if your
subject line says "2011 Research Associate YOURNAME". We will respond
to all inquiries that explain at least briefly the reasons for a
specific interest in our lab.