Connectionists: PhD Position in "Data-driven Human Behaviour Modeling"

Lars Schwabe lars.schwabe at uni-rostock.de
Mon Feb 21 07:06:42 EST 2011

Dear all,

I have an opening for a PhD position in “Data-driven Human Behaviour
Modeling” at the intersection of computational neuroscience, machine
leaning, and ubiquitous computing.

We are operating a laboratory with many large displays in order to
characterize how team members interact in group-based decision making,
i. e. we record all kinds of human-computer interactions, body and eye-
motions, and physiological signals such as EEG. The goal is to improve
IT support for group-based decision making such as in, e. g., a
situation room. In your work, you will explore if neuroscience-based
models (for perception, attention, memory, and decision-making) can
outperform plain statistical and rule-based models (the state-of-the-
art in this field) in terms of predictive power.

The ideal candidate has a background in computer science, electrical
engineering, mathematics, psychology, or a related field. Good
programming skills are mandatory.

The University of Rostock (founded 1419) is located at the baltic
coast, its computer science and electrical engineering dept is high-
ranked in Germany, and it provides an excellent environment to foster
the interaction of life science and engineering. The position is
available immediately. Please send your application material via email
to lars.schwabe at uni-rostock.de. We consider all applications not sent
later than March 13. Please feel free to contact me (lars.schwabe at uni-
rostock.de) if you have questions.

Best regards,
Lars Schwabe

Contact address:

Prof. Dr. Lars Schwabe
Adaptive and Regenerative Software Systems
Dept of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
Universität Rostock
Albert-Einstein-Str. 21, 18059 Rostock, Germany

Office, Fax:  +49-381-4987420, +49-381-4987522
E-Mail, Web: lars.schwabe at uni-rostock.de, ars.informatik.uni-
rostock.de