Connectionists: NEURO-BUREAU ANNOUNCES THE BRAIN-ART COMPETITION 2011

Daniel S Margulies daniel.margulies at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:42:21 EDT 2011

The Brain-Art Competition

http://www.neurobureau.org/BrainArt/

Submission Deadline: 11:59PM CDT, Sunday, June 5th, 2011

*Award Notification: *June 28th, 9PM at the Cirque du Cerveau Gala (during
the OHBM Annual Meeting), Musée National des Beaux-Arts du Québec.**

In order to recognize the beauty and creativity of artistic renderings
emerging from the neuroimaging community, we are launching the first annual
*Brain-Art Competition.*

Countless hours are devoted to the creation of informative visualizations
for communicating neuroscientific findings. The Brain-Art Competition aims
to recognize this often unappreciated aspect of the publication process, and
highlight the artistic creativity of our community.

We are inviting researchers to submit their favorite unpublished works for
entry. Both team and single-person entries are welcomed. The competition
will have four award categories:

1)          Best 3-Dimensional Brain Rendering

2)          Best Representation of the Human Connectome

3)          Best Abstract Brain Illustration

4)          Best Comical Brain Illustration

Additionally, we will have a Best Hand-Drawing of the Brain “door-prize”
competition beginning at 8pm at the *Cirque du Cerveau Gala* to be held on
June 28th at the *2011 OHBM Annual Meeting in Quebec City*. Materials for
hand-drawing will be provided at time of entry to gala. A digital gallery
containing submissions will be made available prior to the gala.

Sincerely,

Daniel Margulies, Cameron Craddock & The Neuro Bureau