Connectionists: OCNS membership and CNS*2011 meeting

Jonathan Rubin jonrubin at pitt.edu
Fri Apr 15 13:06:57 EDT 2011

We are happy to announce that application for membership in the
Organization for Computational Neuroscience (OCNS) and
registration for the CNS*2011 meeting are now open!

Membership application and CNS*2011 registration: https://ocns.memberclicks.net/
OCNS membership and dues: http://www.cnsorg.org
CNS*2011 registration fees: http://www.cnsorg.org/2011/reg_fees.shtml
early registration deadline:  May 31, 2011

We strongly encourage CNS*2011 registrants to become a member of OCNS
before registering for the meeting because this entitles you to
discounted meeting registration fees plus a
number of other benefits. To speed up the application and registration
process, you can pay your membership dues (duties) immediately and pay
registration fees after applying. We will check and approve your OCNS
membership application as soon as possible.  In case of problems, a
full reimbursement will be made.

The goal of OCNS is to provide services to the broad field of
computational neuroscience. This includes organizing scientific
conferences, promoting publications in the field, representing the
interests of the field and its scientists wherever deemed useful,
outreach and educational activities, etc.  The change to a
member-based organization will not affect the spirit and style of the
CNS meetings, but OCNS reaches out to and also wants to represent
those colleagues that do not regularly attend the CNS meetings.
Members are entitled to be candidate directors of OCNS and to vote in
elections that will take place later this year. As membership grows,
so will the benefits.

We expect CNS*2011 in Stockholm to be another record breaking CNS
meeting. We received over 400 abstracts and have very attractive main
meeting and workshop programs!

Erik De Schutter
OCNS President