Connectionists: Postdoctoral position: Neural Mechanisms of Perception and Learning

Philipp Berens berens at tuebingen.mpg.de
Tue Oct 12 12:47:00 EDT 2010

Sent on behalf of Andreas Tolias, BCM.

We have a position at the level of postdoctoral fellow or research associate available available to study the neuronal mechanisms that govern perception and learning. Our focus is to understand the mechanisms of these processes at the circuit level in the visual system. To this end, we employ methods that allow us to study the properties of network of neurons in vivo during behavior. Specifically, we use chronic arrays of tetrodes and in vivo two-photon imaging combined with psychophysical and computational methods. We have developed the capability to record from the same individual neurons across multiple days in awake, behaving primates that gives us the unique opportunity to study how circuits reorganize in vivo during learning. Our lab has also strong interest to develop new technologies to record from interconnected neural circuits using novel imaging and multi-electrode recording methods and also to develop methods – including optogenetic and electrical microstimulatio!
 n tools - to manipulate the activity of circuits in vivo. The research scientist for this position will brain mechanisms of perception and learning using multi-electrode recordings methods and will have the possibility to combine them with optical methods.

Baylor College of Medicine is an equal opportunity employer.

Please contact Andreas Tolias, astolias at bcm.edu

--
Philipp Berens - http://www.kyb.mpg.de/~berens
Computational Vision & Neuroscience Group