Connectionists: PostDoc position: modeling/electrophysiology in Movement Neuroscience

Marcus Kaiser mail at mkaiser.de
Thu May 6 06:34:02 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I post the advertisement below on behalf of my colleague Prof. Stuart Baker.
Please pass the ad to potential applicants and contact Stuart for more
information.

Postdoctoral Research Associate in Movement Neuroscience

Newcastle University

SALARY: from £27319 depending on experience .

The successful applicant will investigate neural circuits involved in the
production and reduction of tremor, in both the brain and spinal cord.
You will use a range of methods, including in vivo single unit recording,
computational modelling and non-invasive electrophysiology in human
subjects.

The ideal candidate has a strong background in systems neuroscience,
preferably in the field of control of movement, and experience of
electrophysiological methods.

The post is funded until September 2013 in the first instance (Wellcome
Trust).

CLOSING DATE: Monday 14th June

For further details and information on how to apply, please visit our web
site at
www. ncl.ac.uk/vacancies or send your CV/application to: Prof Stuart Baker,
Institute of Neuroscience, Henry Wellcome Building, Medical School,
Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, or by e-mail to
stuart.baker at ncl.ac.uk

Best,
 Marcus

--

For Spring Semester, 2010:
Professor, Computational Neuroscience and Neuroinformatics

School of Computing Science
Newcastle University
Claremont Tower
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, U.K.
Phone: +44 191 222 8161 <skype:+441912228161?call>
Fax:   +44 191 222 8232 <skype:+441912228232?call>
http://www.biological-networks.org/