Connectionists: Postdoctoral position in computational optics and neuroscience

Tim Holy holy at pcg.wustl.edu
Thu Mar 4 15:30:10 EST 2010

A postdoctoral position is available to an individual interested in applying
computational approaches to optical imaging and neuroscience. Our research
group develops new techniques for high-speed three-dimensional microscopy,
with applications to monitoring neuronal activity. Our techniques enable
simultaneous recording in populations of hundreds or thousands of neurons in
intact tissues. Applicants may consult our web site (http://holylab.wustl.edu)
and publications for information about some of our scientific and technological
interests.

Candidates for this position must have strong skills in both analytical
mathematics and numerical analysis. The research program for this position
includes various topics in computational optics, such as adaptive optics and
phase diverse imaging. Formal training in optics would be viewed as a strength
but is not required; substantive mathematical and numerical talents are the
primary requisite for this position.

The laboratory is at Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine,
ranked as one of the top 5 medical schools in the United States. This position
is supported by NIH funding, including funding from the NIH Director's Pioneer
Award program.

To apply, send an email containing a statement of your research interests,
your CV, and contact information for three references to Tim Holy at
holy at wustl.edu. Candidate must be available for an interview in St. Louis,
USA.

---
Tim Holy
Associate Prof. of Neurobiology
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine