Connectionists: New release of OpenViBE 0.9.0

Yann Renard yann.renard at irisa.fr
Tue Dec 28 14:52:30 EST 2010

New release of *OpenViBE* 0.9.0 "Christmas edition" is now available for
download at : <http://openvibe.inria.fr/?q=download>

=== Overview =========================================

OpenViBE is an opensource platform that enables to design, test and use
Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI). Broadly speaking, OpenViBE can be used
in many real-time Neuroscience applications.

The OpenViBE platform stands out for its high modularity. It addresses
the needs of different types of users (programmers and non-programmers)
and proposes a user-friendly graphical language which allows
non-programmers to design a BCI without writing a single line of code.

OpenViBE is portable, independent of hardware or software targets, can
run under Windows and Linux and is entirely based on free and
open-source software. OpenViBE is compatible with MATLAB programming.

OpenViBE comes with preconfigured scenarios and runs already existing
applications such as :

       * BCI based on motor imagery
       * P300 speller
       * Neurofeedback
       * Real-time visualization of brain activity in 2D or 3D

OpenViBE is available under the terms of the LGPL-v2+. The whole
software is developed in C++. It consists of a set of software modules
that can be integrated easily and efficiently to design BCI applications
such as for Virtual Reality interaction.

=== Where to get more information ====================

If you want more details, check these links :

*Website*
<http://openvibe.inria.fr>

*Quick introduction video* :
<http://openvibe.inria.fr/video.php?q=video-openvibe-introduction-en>

*Software download* :
<http://openvibe.inria.fr/?q=download>

*One-hour training session video* :
<http://openvibe.inria.fr/video.php?q=video-designer-training-fr&playlist=true>

*Screenshots and videos* :
<http://openvibe.inria.fr/?q=medias>

=== What changed since 0.8.0 ? =======================

In this new release, you will find the following modifications (+ for
adds, * for modifications, - for removes) :

  * Emmanuel Maby stabilized the Brain Products BrainVision Recorder
driver (the driver is now stable)
  + We added an EGI Netamps driver
  + We added multi amp support for Brain Products BrainAmp series
  + We added a VRPN Button client box
  * The acquisition server now remembers the last device you used
  * The designer now remembers the last opened scenarios
  * The designer can be launched from command line hiding the GUI,
  * Each box setting can now be configured with the configuration manager
  * We stabilized lua box with a more complete API (the box is now stable)

A more detailed list of the changelog can be found on the dedicated
topic of the forum.

=== What's coming in the next release(s) =============

Here is a snapshot of what we are currently doing and what you can
expect from the next release(s) :

  + Sample scenarios and VR demos should unable the use of SSVEP

=== Closing words ====================================

We want to thank Emmanuel Maby for his contribution.
We also want to thank again all the forum and bug tracker participants
who help in making the software better every day.
Feel free to join us and to contribute as Emmanuel and others are
doing... <http://openvibe.inria.fr/?q=contributions> !

Looking forward to hearing your feedback, we hope you'll enjoy working
with OpenViBE as we do.

The whole team wishes you a happy new year...

Best regards,
The OpenViBE consortium

Contact :
Project Leader : Anatole Lécuyer, INRIA (anatole.lecuyer at irisa.fr)