Connectionists: POSTDOC Position-- Rutgers University- Computational Neuroimaging

Stephen José Hanson jose at psychology.rutgers.edu
Mon Dec 27 08:59:15 EST 2010

POSTDOC POSITION:  COMPUTATIONAL NEUROIMAGING --Rutgers University.

We seek a postdoctoral applicant for a position at Rutgers University -
Newark in New Jersey in the RUBMA Lab (Rutgers Brain/Mind Analysis;
www.rumba.rutgers.edu)   Applicants should have a background in one, and
preferably several, of the following area: statistical learning
methods, neural signal processing, neuroimaging (EEG and/or fMRI), ,
cognitive neuroscience.  A Ph.D. in Cognitive Neuroscience or
Computational Neuroscience, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
is preferred.  Our lab was one of the first development sites for new
methods and techniques related to "brain reading" including premier
tools such as pyMVPA.   Our Cognitive/Perceptual  research is focused on
learning and memory, specifically in terms of language supporting
functions and modularity: Categorization, representation, sequential
learning,  event cognition etc.    Our Computational research areas
includes multivariate classifiers for fMRI, graph modeling of large
scale brain interactivity (Ramsey et al 2010; intrinsic/extrinsic
networks) as well as spatial brain clustering (Dense Mode Clustering;
Hanson et al 2008, MRI) and inter-brain synchrony metrics
(Eigen-Value-Synchrony methods- Hanson et al, 2009, Comp. Neuroscience).
We are located in beautiful  downtown Newark, 13 miles outside of New
York City. See http://www rumba.rutgers.edu for more information)
Position starts in Spring 2011.  This is a two year postdoctoral
position with possible third year renewal.

Note: Applicants must be US Citizens or green card holders.

Interested applicants should send a current CV, names of potential
recommenders

To   jose at psychology.rutgers.edu  WITH SUBJECT HEADING:  Postdoc
Position

Rutgers University is an equal opportunity employer.