Connectionists: Call for Abstracts - 2009 Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Conference

ccnc-announce announce at ccnconference.org
Tue May 19 02:49:53 EDT 2009

                 ~ Call for Abstracts ~

4th CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL COGNITIVE NEUROSCIENCE
                 www.ccnconference.org

To be held in conjunction with the 2009 Annual Meeting of the
Psychonomic Society at the Sheraton Boston Hotel in Boston, MA.

CCN CONFERENCE DATES: Wed-Thu November 18 & 19, 2009

All three of our previous meetings have been a great success, two as
satellites to Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting (2005, 2007) and
in 2006 with Psychonomics.  Attendance has ranged from 115-250.

* DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS: Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Abstracts are to be submitted online via the website
www.ccnconference.org. Abstract submission and registration will open on
June 15.

As in past years, there will be two categories of submissions:

    -Poster only
    -Poster, plus short talk (15 min) to highlight the poster

Abstracts should be limited to 250 words. Women and underrepresented
minorities are especially encouraged to apply. Reviewing of posters will
be inclusive and only to ensure appropriateness to the meeting. Short
talks will be selected on the basis of research quality, relevance to
conference theme, and expected accessibility in a talk format. Abstracts
not selected for short talks will still be accepted as posters as long
as they meet appropriateness criteria.

* NOTIFICATION OF POSTER ACCEPTANCE: Approx. August 15, 2009
* CONTRIBUTED SHORT TALK SELECTION: Approx. September 15, 2009

Program:
* 2009 Keynote Speaker:
   Neil Burgess, University College London

* Three symposia, each including a mixture of modelers and non-modelers
   and focused on a common theme or issue:

** Top-Down Mechanisms of Visual Attention

    Moderator: Steven Bressler, Florida Atlantic University

** Our Vision for the Word: Modeling Orthographic Processing

    Moderators: Carol Whitney, University of Maryland, College Park
                Jonathan Grainger, CNRS, France

** Context, Memory, and the Brain

    Moderators: Michael Hasselmo, Boston University
                Ken Norman, Princeton University

* Approximately 12 short talks will be chosen featuring selected
   posters.

* Poster sessions

* We are again planning another special issue of Brain Research for
   selected papers from this meeting -- no need to indicate interest
   with your abstract submission at the present time.

* We plan to award a limited number of competitive travel fellowships
   for students -- look for a notice by late summer. We especially
   encourage applications from members of underrepresented minorities.

* Registration fees: $175 ($75 for students).

2009 Planning Committee:
Suzanna Becker, McMaster University
Carlos Brody, Princeton University
Nathaniel Daw, New York University
Michael Hasselmo, Boston University
David Noelle, University of California, Merced
Ken Norman, Princeton University
Maximilian Riesenhuber, Georgetown University

Ex officio:
Randall O'Reilly, University of Colorado, Boulder
Jonathan Cohen, Princeton University

Executive Organizer: Thomas Hazy, University of Colorado, Boulder

For more information and to sign up for the mailing list visit:

      www.ccnconference.org