Connectionists: Graduate student positions in computational and EEG BCI

Jim Kroger jkroger at nmsu.edu
Mon Jan 14 11:12:29 EST 2008

We are seeking graduate students at the Masters and PhD. levels
interested in research in EEG-based Brain-Computer Interfaces and
computational modelling of scalp electrical fields in BCI. We have a
state of the art laboratory with 2 Biosemi Active-2 128 channel EEG
systems, one in an immersive virtual reality environment. We are
interested in all approaches to BCI.

We seek students from a variety of backgrounds, including psychology,
neuroscience, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or physics.

We are a collaboration of Jim Kroger in the Psychology Departments at
New Mexico State University and the University of New Mexico, Joe
Lakey in the NMSU Department of Mathematical Sciences, and Chuck
Creusere and Kwong Ng in the NMSU Department of Electrical Engineering.

We are currently funded by Los Alamos National Laboratories, where we
collaborate with John George and other neuroscientists; Sandia
National Laboratories, in collaboration with their cognitive systems
group, and by the National Institutes of Health. Besides our BCI
research, we conduct basic research into neural systems for
high-level cognition, using EEG in our laboratory, and combined
EEG/fMRI in collaboration with MIND Network, and 7-Tesla fMRI at the
NIH in Bethesda, Maryland.

Prospective students may contact Jim Kroger in the NMSU Department of
Psychology or contact the department for application materials.

Jim Kroger

Jim Kroger
Department of Psychology, NMSU
220 Science Hall, Rm 326