Connectionists: New Paper: "Connectionism, controllers and a brain theory" - Paper now available on my website

XueDong Huang xuedong.huang at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 06:56:09 EST 2008

Asim Roy wrote:
> There are many requests for this paper. So it is posted on my website now. Here's the link:
>
> http://wpcarey.asu.edu/pubs/index.cfm?fct=details&article_cobid=2216410&author_cobid=1039524&journal_cobid=2216411

Dear Asim,

If I understand you right, you state some limitations in current
"connectionnist theories", ones that claim that there are no master or
slave in an executive chain or network. In this paper, you propose that
there exist some masters that behave without depending on the feedback
of the slaves they are controlling.

Do you know that "connectionnist theories" or any other simplified
theories in human-brain studies are there to support some easy and
computerizabled models of how our human brain functions ? When you
criticize them, do you have any evidence why your new "theory" should
bring a better outcome to current researches on this ?

Show us some move proofs

Thanks
XDH