Connectionists: time dependant non-linearity in motion opponency, and the rivalry of LRAM and SRAM

Pooya Pakarian pooyapakarian at ipm.ir
Wed Aug 13 23:06:32 EDT 2008

Hi All
Please let me ask two questions. I very much appreciate your feedbacks.

1- the last stage of both the elaborated Reichardt Detector and also the
Adelson-Bergen model for motion detection is the motion opponency stage that
is a simple subtraction without any non-linearity or time-dependency or
mutual inhibition, etc. Is there any article elaborating this last stage by
for example adding some time-dependant non-linearity to it?

2- what are the major articles in which I can learn about the computational
models of rivalry between the short-range and the long-range apparent motion
system. this rivalry is hypothesized to occur in visual stimuli like the
missing fundamental grating or the Ternus effect, or the reversed Phi, if
the viewers' distance is adjusted properly. this rivalry is interesting
because the two rivals are not at the same level of processing.

Best thanks for your attention
Pooya

believed to be clean.