Connectionists: A software package for boosting

yoav freund yfreund at ucsd.edu
Sat Sep 22 14:57:57 EDT 2007

Hi All,

If you are looking for a robust implementation of adaboost you might
be interested in checking out JBOOST:

http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/aarvey/jboost/

This implementation support adaboost, logitboost, alternating
decision trees and boostexter. We are currently working on an
implementation of NormalBoost, which is yet another boosting algorithm,
we believe NormalBoost has significant advantages over previous
boosting algorithm for noisy label data, cost-sensitive boosting and
multi-class problems.

THe software is distributed as GNU open source through source-forge:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboost/

If you are interested in extending jboost please contact Aaron Arvey:
aarvey at cs.ucsd.edu

Have Fun!
Yoav

---