Connectionists: Internship available at Siemens Medical Solutions USA

Yu, Shipeng (MED US) shipeng.yu at siemens.com
Mon Feb 19 16:50:01 EST 2007

*Apologies for cross posting. Please forward to interested people*

The Computer-Aided Diagnosis Group at Siemens Medical Solutions USA is
looking for summer interns. We are specifically interested in motivated
Ph.D. students in diverse areas of machine learning, data mining and
natural language processing.

Siemens Medical Solutions is one of the largest global suppliers of
healthcare equipment, renowned for innovative products, services and
solutions including diagnostic imaging systems, therapy equipment,
electromedicine, and IT solutions to optimize workflow and increase
efficiency in the healthcare industry.  The CAD group is committed to
building a world-class R&D team in machine learning and data mining.

As an intern, you will join CAD's team of scientists in solving exciting
and challenging research problems in the medical field. Our research is
motivated by decision-support and data processing problems arising in
the
medical domain and related health areas; experience or interest in these
areas is a plus. Our team currently conducts research in Bayesian
methods,
probabilistic inference, statistical learning theory, optimization,
statistics, natural language processing, data mining and works closely
with a team of image processing scientists.

You will be expected to spend at least 10-12 weeks; however there is
much
flexibility in the starting and finishing dates (non-summer and longer
internships are also considered). We provide competitive salaries and
also
strongly encourage all interns to publish.

In order to apply, please follow these steps:
  * Email your CV to the address below
  * Request one letter of recommendation (preferably from your advisor)
  be emailed to us
  * Briefly (e.g., in half a page) tell us about what research and
  application areas you would prefer to work on and during what dates
you
  wish to join

Email the above to shipeng.yu <AT> siemens.com, with the subject "CAD ML
Internships". Please also send emails if you need further information
about the internships.

We are located in Malvern, PA, approximately one hour from Center City
Philadelphia, on the suburban Main Line area.

Shipeng Yu, Ph.D.
Staff Scientist
Siemens Medical Solutions, MS E51
Computer Aided Diagnosis & Therapy
51 Valley Stream Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355 USA
Email: shipeng.yu at siemens.com <mailto:shipeng.yu at siemens.com>
Office: 610-448-4420
Fax: 610-448-4274

and are intended only for the addressee(s).
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice at siemens.com

Thank you