Connectionists: postdoc in Dijon France

Elizabeth Thomas Elizabeth.Thomas at u-bourgogne.fr
Thu May 4 06:17:12 EDT 2006

We are seeking to recruit a postdoctoral fellow for projects concerning
the use of artificial neural networks in gait analysis.  The use of the
network would permit an automatic classification of locomotive deficits
as well as an understanding of the underlying physiological problem.
The data to be studied will come from human patients suffering from
arthritis as well as rat stroke models.  A good candidate should be able
to program (preferably in Matlab or C++) as well as be comfortable
interacting with the medical and scientific community.  The work will
take place in an INSERM laboratory at the University of Burgundy, Dijon,
France, specializing in locomotion.  An emphasis will be placed on the
publication of the results of this project and the methods developed
during the course of it.  The position will be funded for a year
beginning in either September or December 2006, with the possibility of
a second year.  Dijon is a gastronomic centre in France, in the heart of
the Burgundy wine area and one and a half hours away by train from Paris.

Interested candidates, please send a CV to my e-mail address

Elizabeth Thomas
INSERM/ERM 207  Motricité-Plasticité : Performance, Dysfonctionnement,
Vieillissement et Technologies d'optimisation.
Campus Universitaire
Fac. des Sciences du Sport
BP 27877
F-21078 Dijon France