Connectionists: Academic Fellowship in Developmental and Cognitive Neuroscience

Denis Mareschal d.mareschal at bbk.ac.uk
Wed Jun 28 08:58:20 EDT 2006

This position may be of interest to readers of
this list. Please do not respond  directly to me.

Best regards,

Denis Mareschal

Birkbeck (University of London)

RCUK Academic Fellowship in Developmental and Cognitive Neuroscience
We are seeking a talented individual to conduct research within the Centre
for Brain & Cognitive Development and/or the new Wolfson Institute for Brain
& Function and Development, both within the School of Psychology, Birkbeck.

The RCUK Fellowship will build on new and exciting initiatives in
developmental and cognitive neuroscience within the School, including a new
research MRI facility scheduled to open later this year. We seek applicants
who have interests that consolidate the collaborative links between members
of the new Wolfson Institute, the CBCD, and the new MRI facility. We are
particularly interested in candidates whose research centres on
developmental functional or structural MRI. However, other candidates in
developmental and cognitive neuroscience that help to establish and
reinforce collaborative bridges within the grouping will also be considered.
While primarily a research fellow in the initial years, you may contribute
to teaching at graduate and postgraduate level.

This is initially a three year research post leading to a permanent academic
appointment, at an appropriate level, when the fellowship ends. The
fellowship is jointly funded by the RCUK Academic Fellowship scheme and
Birkbeck.

Salary will be £22,492 rising to £32,450 per annum at RA1A of the Research
Staff Salary Scales. Initial salary award will be dependent on skills and
experience.

Informal enquiries should be made to Professor Mark Johnson, Director of the
Centre for Brain & Cognitive Development, by email at mark.Johnson at bbk.ac.uk

Download the job description and application form by clicking on 'Further
details' below or email humanresources at bbk.ac.uk  quoting reference APS153 .

Closing date: 14 August 2006

Birkbeck is an equal opportunities employer.

Further details can be obtained from:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/fp/CF400/fp_index.html

	Dr. Denis Mareschal
	Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development
	School of Psychology
	Birkbeck College
	University of London
	Malet St., London
	WC1E 7HX, UK
	tel +44 (0)20 7631-6582/6226 reception: 6207
	fax +44 (0)20 7631-6312
	http://www.psyc.bbk.ac.uk/people/academic/mareschal_d/