No subject

Tue Jun 6 06:52:25 EDT 2006

> I can't think of
> any biological examples of batch learning, in which sensory data are
> saved until a certain number of them can be somehow averaged together
> and conclusions made and remembered. Any ideas?

My observation of children is that they remember everything well enough
to know if they have seen or heard it before, but they pay little
attention to facts or advice that are not repeated.  It is the act
of repetition that marks a stimulus as one of the important ones
that must be learned.

					-- Ken Laws
-------