I hope this hadn't gone out.

Connectionists-Request@CS.CMU.EDU Connectionists-Request at CS.CMU.EDU
Tue Jun 6 06:52:25 EDT 2006

This came from someone I just added to the list. I hope I'm not
	 repeating stuff.
	 michael

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 15:30:04 GMT
From: mcvax!inesc!alf!lba at uunet.UU.NET (Luis Borges de Almeida)
To: cs.cmu.edu!connectionists-request at inesc.INESC
Subject: Workshop announcement

                EURASIP WORKSHOP ON NEURAL NETWORKS

                        Sesimbra, Portugal
                       February 15-17, 1990

                  ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

The workshop will be held at the Hotel do Mar in Sesimbra, Portugal.
It will take place in 1990, from February 15 morning to 17 noon, and
will be sponsored by EURASIP, the European Association for Signal
Processing. It will be open to participants from all countries.

Contributions from all fields related to the neural network area are
welcome. A (non-exclusive) list of topics is given below. Care is being
taken to ensure that the workshop will have a high level of quality.
Proposed contributions will be evaluated by an international board of
experts, and a proceedings volume will be published. The number of
participants will be limited to 50. Full contributions will
take the form of oral presentations, and will correspond to
papers in the proceedings. Some short contributions will also be accepted,
for presentation of ongoing work, projects (ESPRIT, BRAIN, DARPA,...),
etc. They will be presented in poster format, and will not originate
any written publication. A small number of non-contributing
participants may also be accepted. The official language of the
workshop will be English.

TOPICS:

- signal processing (speech, image,...)
- pattern recognition
- training procedures (new algorithms, speedups,...)
- generalization
- implementation
- specific applications where NN have been proved better than other
  approaches
- industrial projects and realizations

                      SUBMISSION PROCEDURES

Submissions, both for long and for short contributions, will consist of
(strictly) 2-page summaries, plus a cover page indicating title,
author's name, affiliation, phone no., and e-mail address if possible.
Three copies should be sent directly to the Technical Chairman, at the
address given below. The calendar for contributions is as follows:

                            Full contributions       Short contributions

Deadline for submission        June 1, 1989             Oct  1, 1989
Notif. of acceptance           Sept 1, 1989             Nov 15, 1989
Camera-ready paper             Nov  1, 1989

                              THE LOCATION

Sesimbra is a fishermens village, located in a nice region about 30 km
south of Lisbon. Special transportation from/to Lisbon will be arranged.
The workshop will end on a Saturday at lunch time; therefore, the
participants will have the option of either flying back home in the
afternoon, or staying for sightseeing for the remainder of the weekend
in Sesimbra and/or Lisbon. An optional program for accompanying
persons is being organized.

For further information, send the coupon below to the general
chairman, or contact directly.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

GENERAL CHAIRMAN

Luis B. Almeida
INESC
Apartado 10105
P-1017 LISBOA CODEX
PORTUGAL

Phone: +351-1-544607.
Fax: +351-1-525843.
E-mail: {any backbone, uunet}!mcvax!inesc!lba

TECHNICAL CHAIRMAN

Christian Wellekens
Philips Research Laboratory
Av. Van Becelaere 2
Box 8
B-1170 BRUSSELS
BELGIUM

Phone: +32-2-6742275

TECHNICAL COMMITTEE

John Bridle
Herve Bourlard
Frank Fallside
Francoise Fogelman-Soulie
Jeanny Herault
Larry Jackel
Renato de Mori

REGISTRATION, FINANCE, LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS

Joao Bilhim
INESC
Apartado 10105
P-1017 LISBOA CODEX
PORTUGAL

Phone: +351-1-545150.
Fax: +351-1-525843.

Please keep me informed about the Sesimbra Workshop on Neural Networks

Name:

University/Company:

Address:

Phone:	                          E-mail:

[ ] I plan to attend the workshop

I plan to submit a contribution      [ ] full    [ ] short

Preliminary title:

(send to Luis B. Almeida, INESC, Apartado 10105, P-1017 LISBOA CODEX, PORTUGAL)