Connectionists: Revised NEURON bibliography

Ted Carnevale ted.carnevale at yale.edu
Tue Aug 8 16:00:41 EDT 2006

The latest revision to the NEURON bibliography
   http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/bib/usednrn.html
includes 594 publications that report work that was done with NEURON.

Prior experience has taught us that citation tracking services and
ISI's Web of Science are far from perfect, so with every update of
this list, we ask
   "If you know of a paper that should be in this list,
    please tell us and we'll be glad to add it."

This request is now more important than ever because important
bibliographical information is sometimes relegated to "supplementary
materials" that are posted on line but not indexed by citation services.
In two cases* that we know of, there was no way to discover what
simulator was used without reading the supplementary materials.

--Ted Carnevale

*--The papers are

Clark, BA, Monsivais, P, Branco, T, London, M and Haeusser, M.
The site of action potential initiation in cerebellar Purkinje neurons.
Nature Neuroscience 8:137-139, 2005.

Alle, H. and Geiger, J.R.P.
Combined analog and action potential coding in hippocampal mossy fibers.
Science 311:1290-1293, 2006.

We discovered these quite by accident.  Based on past patterns of
publication, it seems likely that there may be many more in these
and other journals.