Connectionists: Postdoctoral position, Princeton Computational Memory Lab

Ken Norman knorman at Princeton.EDU
Mon Apr 10 12:29:35 EDT 2006

Dear connectionists,
I have a job opening for a postdoctoral researcher in my laboratory (job
description appended below).  In my lab, we use connectionist models
of hippocampus and cortex to generate predictions about behavioral
memory performance, and also about how neural representations
change (over short and long time scales) during learning
and memory tasks; we test these predictions in both
normal and amnesic subjects. We are particularly interested in
achieving better integration between neural network models and
neuroimaging data (e.g., by using pattern classification methods,
applied to fMRI and EEG data, to decode what information is represented
in the brain and how these representations change over time). Please
email me (knorman at princeton.edu) if you have any questions.
Best!
Ken Norman

here is the official job description:

RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, PRINCETON UNIVERSITY. A postdoctoral position is
available in the Psychology Department at Princeton University. The project,
led by Dr. Ken Norman, uses computational models, combined with behavioral
and fMRI studies of brain damaged patients and normal subjects, to study the
neural mechanisms of episodic memory. REQUIREMENTS: completed Ph.D. and
strong background in the cognitive and/or computational neuroscience of
memory. Submit CVs to Carol Agans, Department of Psychology, Green Hall,
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08540 or by email to
agans at princeton.edu. For more information about Dr. Norman's Computational
Memory Lab, please visit http://compmem.princeton.edu.
For information about applying to Princeton, please link to
http://web.princeton.edu/sites/dof/ApplicantsInfo.htm.PU/EO/AAE