Connectionists: Neural network format survey

Lucas, Simon M sml at essex.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 10:12:20 EDT 2005

 Dear All,

 I'm conducting a survey to find out
 more about the formats you use (if any)
 to publish and exchange neural network
 instances.

 The purpose of this, amongst other things,
 is to help to decide on a format for possible
 forthcoming neural network (and perhaps
 other learnable model) design competitions
 (for example, a possible objective would be
 to find the best pure neural network Go player).

 I note that the predicitive model markup language
 can describe neural networks:

  http://www.dmg.org/v3-0/NeuralNetwork.html

 though it's not clear to me whether this is widely
 used in practice.

 Please respond to me by email: sml at essex.ac.uk

 If there are sufficient responses, I'll post
 a summary to this list in a few weeks time.

 Best regards,

   Simon Lucas

Dr. Simon Lucas
Department of Computer Science