Connectionists: cognitive neuroscience position

Ping Li pli at richmond.edu
Wed Aug 31 11:02:59 EDT 2005

The University of Richmond seeks to fill a tenure track position in
Neuroscience at the assistant professor level in the Department of
Psychology. Although we are particularly interested in individuals with
a specialization in human cognitive or behavioral neuroscience, we will
consider outstanding applicants in all areas.  Faculty are expected to
maintain a vigorous research program, actively engage undergraduates in
substantive research, attract extramural support, and commit to highly
effective teaching at all levels of the undergraduate curriculum.
Candidates should have completed the Ph.D. degree by the August 2006
starting date.  Send vita, statements of research plan and teaching
philosophy, copies of transcripts, and three letters of reference to
Scott Allison, Search Coordinator, Department of Psychology, University
of Richmond, VA 23173. Review of applications will commence Oct. 1,
2005 and continue until the position is filled. The University of
Richmond is a highly selective private university with approximately
3500 students located on a beautiful campus six miles west of the heart
of Richmond and in close proximity to the ocean, mountains, and
Washington, D.C.  The University of Richmond values diversity in its
faculty, staff, and student body. In keeping with this commitment, our
academic community strongly encourages applications from diverse
candidates and candidates who support diversity. For more information
please go to http://psychology.richmond.edu.

Ping Li, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Graduate Program Coordinator