Two positions in machine learning at FIRST.IDA, Berlin

Fraunhofer First chaos at first.fhg.de
Thu Sep 2 16:03:44 EDT 2004

Fraunhofer FIRST.IDA has two open positions in machine learning in
Berlin, Germany:

Department Description (see also http://ida.first.fraunhofer.de/)

The IDA group at Fraunhofer FIRST in Berlin is concerned with
theoretical concepts and algorithms for machine learning and their
practical application to real world data analysis problems. In
particular, we are developing tools for high-dimensional multivariate
statistics based on methods originally developed in the field of
statistics and, more recently, in the neural networks and machine
learning community. Our major objective is to pursue our research all
the way from theory to application. To this end, we are contributing
to the theoretical development of new data analysis techniques, to
their implementation according to software-engineering standards, and,
finally, to their industrial or academic application.

Scope of Work

The positions will be focused on developing and applying methods and
software in the areas of machine learning, signal processing, and
statistical data analysis. One position is directed towards EEG
analysis, the other towards computational chemistry.

Required Knowledge and Skills

- Expertise in machine learning (in particular: kernel-based methods),
    signal processing, and statistical data analysis.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Significant experience in software development, preferably in
    MATLAB.
- Ability to interact well in a team in the creation of new designs
    and approaches.
- A strong plus would be experience in EEG analysis or computational
    chemistry.

For further details, please refer to the official job announcement
(in german):

http://www.jobs.fraunhofer.de/servlet/is/14526/

Please submit your resume by mentioning
the job ID "FIRST-113-04-005" to