NIPS 2004 Survey

nipsinfo@salk.edu nipsinfo at salk.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:22:30 EDT 2004

To:  NIPS Attendees and Connectionists:

We are asking for a few minutes of your time to complete an online survey
consisting of seven questions.  The survey deals with a some major changes
to the format of the 2004 Neural Information Processing Systems Conference
currently under consideration. The impetus for these possible changes is to
accommodate the growth in submissions in recent years, and the diverse
demographics of Conference attendees. One concern that has been raised
regarding the increased size of the meeting is the unwieldy scale of the
Poster Sessions. Another is that while the representation in machine
learning at NIPS is growing, many feel that its focus is becoming narrower;
the result of this has been that many prominent computational
neuroscientists, cognitive modelers, etc. have stopped attending NIPS
because they believe the meeting to be overly dominated by machine
learning.

The survey can be found at the NIPS 2004 website:

https://register.nips.salk.edu/surveys/survey.php?id=3

Your responses to these questions, as well as any additional input you may
have, will be very valuable in shaping the future of NIPS, and we very much
appreciate your participation.

Neural Information Processing Systems Conference 2004