Workshop on Neurorobotics and Neuroinformatics

Anil K Seth seth at nsi.edu
Mon Jun 7 19:00:41 EDT 2004

We are pleased to announce the following workshop, to be held on July 17,
2004 in Santa Monica, CA, as part of the 8th International Conference on
the Simulation of Adaptive Behavior (SAB2004):

Neurorobotic Models in Neuroscience and Neuroinformatics

Adaptive behavior in biological organisms results from interactions among
brains, bodies, and environments. We propose in this workshop to explore
neurorobotic approaches to understanding these interactions. A key feature
of these approaches is the incorporation of aspects of neuroanatomy or
neurophysiology that allow comparison with empirical data. More information
is available at www.nsi.edu/users/seth/SABwsp.htm

We have a great lineup of invited speakers, including: Hiroshi Kimura,
Stefan Schaal, Auke Ijspeert, Angelo Arleo, Philippe Gaussier, Jeff
Krichmar, Kenji Doya, Ricardo Chavarriaga, Will Alexander, Olaf Sporns, and
Steve Potter. We also have a great lineup of coffee breaks, allowing plenty
of time for informal discussion. The day will end with dinner somewhere in
Santa Monica.

We expect this workshop to have a significant impact in both
Neuroinformatics (there will be a special issue of the Neuroinformatics
journal based on the workshop contents) and in Adaptive Behavior. Come and
be a part of it! You can register for only $90 (dinner not included) via
the main SAB website: www.isab.org.uk/sab2004/ Please feel free to contact
me (seth at nsi.edu) with any questions.

Best,

Anil Seth
Jeff Krichmar
Olaf Sporns
Auke Ijspeert
Ricardo Chavarriaga

Anil K Seth, D.Phil.,
The Neurosciences Institute,
10640 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121,
tel: (858) 626 2066, fax: (858) 626 2099
email: seth at nsi.edu, web: www.nsi.edu/users/seth/