Postdoc position at NCRG

D LOWE d.lowe at aston.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 05:51:56 EDT 2004

Aston University
Neural Computing Research Group
School of Engineering & Applied Science

Research Fellow
18,893 to 28,279 per annum (Fixed Term Appointment)

Applications are invited for an experienced postdoctoral research fellow to
work as part of a large collaborative activity on exploiting an individuals'
`bioprofile' for improved healthcare management. We are particularly
interested in the improved inference capabilities for diagnosis, prognosis
and clinical decision making of exploiting the fusion of disparate
information sources. The research project will also involve looking at
developing automated strategies which account for uncertainties in data,
models and architectures. This research activity is part of a large
collaborative European FP6 consortium (BioPattern) and will require strong
interaction and a degree of travel amongst various partners who are involved
in the consortium.

Applicants should have excellent mathematical and computational skills, and
preferably a background in statistical inference, medical bioinformatics,
machine learning, or data fusion.

This contract is offered as a fixed term contract with an end date of 31
December 2006 in the first instance.

Further details on the research project can be found on
http://www.ncrg.aston.ac.uk .

Application forms and further particulars are available on our personnel web
site: http://www.aston.ac.uk/hr/Recruitment, or by telephoning: 0121 359 0870
(24 hour answerphone), or by email: b.a.power at aston.ac.uk, quoting reference
number R04/92/152
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 30th April 2004