Simbrain 1.0.4

Jeff Yoshimi jyoshimi at ucsd.edu
Wed Oct 29 15:38:04 EST 2003

Connectionists:

Simbrain 1.0.4 has been released.  See: http://simbrain.sourceforge.net/

This is a maintenance release which fixes several bugs, including a
major issue with update order. Other fixes and new features include:
improved auto-zoom, improved threading, some control over input and
output nodes, improved keyboard layout, new networks, and a new
random-weight option.

Learning rules are still local.  Supervised learning should be
incorporated by January, via collaboration will Snarli (
http://snarli.sourceforge.net/ ).  A rewritten gauge component,
including new projection algorithms (PCA and isomap in addition to MDS)
is also forthcoming, sometime in December I hope.

Feedback welcome. I'm happy to add new learning and activation rules at
user request.  Best,

Jeff