Clustering/VQ applet available (ELBG algorithm)

Giuseppe Patane' gpatane at ai.unime.it
Fri Oct 24 04:49:24 EDT 2003

Dear Connectionists,

I am pleased to invite you to take a look at the Java applet
demonstrating how "The Enhanced LBG Algorithm" (ELBG), developed by me
and Prof. Marco Russo, works. The paper describing ELBG appeared on
"Neural Networks", vol. 14 no. 9, pp 1219--1237, November 2001.

You can find it, together with the related papers, at:
http://ai.unime.it/~gp/english/clustering_applet/elbg_demo_applet.htm

In the same site you can find other papers of mine about clustering and
vector quantization.

Please, note that the applet was developed using Java Swing components
and it could not be supported by your browser as the following quoting
from the official Java web site reports: "You can run Swing applets in
any browser that has the appropriate version of Java Plug-in installed.
Another option is to use a 1.2-compliant browser. Currently, the only
1.2-compliant browser available is the Applet Viewer utility provided
with the Java 2 SDK."

Best Regards

--
Giuseppe Patane', Ph.D