PhD and System Dynamics

Christopher Krause ckrause at pc09.inb.uni-luebeck.de
Fri Jan 24 07:23:28 EST 2003

The Institute for Neuro- and Bioinformatics, University of Luebeck,
Germany, seeks Research Scientists (PhD students) for an
interdisciplinary project funded by the European Union.

The successful candidate will join an international and
interdisciplinary research team.
The first goal of the project is to develop a new form of understanding
complex dynamic systems, which involves the simulation and visualisation of
nonlinear dynamic processes. The second goal is to develop a software
tool for decision support for strategic development in politics,
transport and logistics, and multinational companies.

We expect a strong background in computer science, mathematics, and/or
physics, experience in simulation-techniques and enthusiasm for
interdisciplinary research. Programming skills (mainly Java) would be a
plus. We offer exciting new research topics and the possibility to obtain a
PhD in computer science. The positions are initially funded for 36 month. The
salary will be at the level of BAT IIa (appr. 38.000 EURO/year before tax).

Please send applications including your curriculum vitae, a statement
of interests, and names of references to Prof. Thomas Martinetz
(martinetz at informatik.uni-luebeck.de ). Application deadline is
February 15th. For further information contact T. Martinetz.