Hodgkin Huxley simulator -- executables available

Dave_Touretzky@cs.cmu.edu Dave_Touretzky at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 17 07:07:05 EST 2003

Last semester I announced the first release of HHsim, an easy to use
Hodgkin-Huxley simulator designed for neuroscience education.

We have just released HHsim version 2.01, which is available in either
Matlab source form or as a binary executable for Windows or Unix.  The
advantages of the executable version are (1) it does not require you
to have Matlab installed on your machine, and (2) it executes slightly
faster than the interpreted version.  The executables were produced by
the Matlab compiler.

Other new features in HHsim version 2 are:
 - a Drugs button for applying TTX, TEA, or pronase
 - online documentation
 - sample exercises to try with the simulator

You can download HHsim from here:
  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/HHsim

HHsim is free software released under the GNU General Public License.  The
development of HHsim was funded in part by National Science Foundation
grant DGE-9987588.

-- Dave Touretzky