Faculty position: Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit

Peter Dayan dayan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 3 11:46:21 EST 2003

The Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit is looking to recruit a
lecturer (roughly equivalent to an assistant professor). We seek
someone with interests from across the range of theoretical
neuroscience and machine learning that would complement and bolster
our existing strengths in neural representation, neural computation,
and foundational and applied aspects of learning and Bayesian
statistics. There is also the opportunity to run a human psychophysics
lab in the service of testing theories. Remuneration will be at a
level appropriate to the international standing of the successful
candidate.

The Gatsby Unit was set up at University College London as a research
institute devoted to computational neuroscience and machine
learning. We have core funding for four faculty, five postdocs and
around ten PhD students. We have no undergraduate programme, so only
graduate-level teaching is required. We are located in Queen Square,
London, in close proximity to the Institutes of Neurology and
Cognitive Neuroscience and the Functional Imaging Lab, and also have
close ties with the Departments of Anatomy, Computer Science,
Psychology, Physiology and Statistics at UCL and with groups in
Physics and Experimental Psychology at Cambridge and beyond.

Applications, including a CV, a statement of research interests and
accomplishments and full contact details for three referees should be
sent by 14th March 2003 by email to Alexandra Boss at
alexandra at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk, or by mail to her at Gatsby Computational
Neuroscience Unit, UCL, Alexandra House, 17 Queen Square, London WC1N
3AR, UK. For further information, please see www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk or
contact Peter Dayan at dayan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk