Research fellow in action decoding

Daniel Wolpert wolpert at hera.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 11 04:56:30 EST 2002

UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
Institute of Neurology

We are seeking a postdoctoral research fellow in neuroscience to work
with Professor Chris Frith and Professor Daniel Wolpert on a project
studying 'interactions between agents'. This work aims to elucidate the
physiological and computational mechanisms by which we use observed
movements in order to detect other agents and make inferences about
their goals and intentions. A variety of techniques will be used
including behavioural studies, EEG and TMS. The candidate should have a
PhD or equivalent research experience in relevant fields and experience
with programming in Matlab and/or C++ would be advantageous.

The post is available with a starting date of 1 January 2003, or nearest
convenient date for one year in the first instance, with the possibility
of renewal for a second year.  Starting salary is up to £26,255 pa
inclusive, depending on experience.

Further particulars of the position are on www.hera.ucl.ac.uk
Applications (CV and names of three referees and a short statement of
research interests) should be returned to Miss E Bertram, Assistant
Secretary (Personnel), Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1N
3BG (fax:  +44 20 7278 5069, email:  e.bertram at ion.ucl.ac.uk) by
November 29th, 2002.   Informal enquiries to Professor Frith
(c.frith at ion.ucl.ac.uk) or Professor Wolpert (wolpert at ion.ucl.ac.uk).

Taking Action for Equality