Research Positions (Statistical Machine Learning), Hamilton Institute, Ireland

Hamilton Institute hamilton at may.ie
Fri Mar 15 06:42:35 EST 2002

RESEARCH POSITIONS

The Hamilton Institute is a new multi-disciplinary research
centrecurrently undergoing substantial expansion.  Funded by
ScienceFoundation Ireland, we are committed to research excellence.

Applications are invited from well qualified candidates for a number
ofresearch positions. The successful candidates will be outstanding
researchers who can demonstrate an exceptional researchtrack record or
significant research potential at international level. We currently
have an active programme of research in statistical machinelearning
and probabilistic reasoning methods in the context of nonlinearand
switched/hybrid dynamics (particuarly computer controlled systemsand
human-computer interfaces).  Experience in topics
includingnonparametric regression and classification, Bayesian
statistics, MCMCand time series analysis would be beneficial.

These posts offer a unique opportunity for tackling fundamental
problemsin a leading edge multi-disciplinary research group with state
of theart facilities which is currently undergoing substantial
expansion. Allappointments are initially for 3 years, extendable to 5.
We arecommitted to research excellence and appointments will reflect
this. Remuneration will reflect qualifications and experience, but
will beinternationally competitive.

Further information:

Please visit our web site at: http://www.hamilton.may.ie
Enquiries to Prof. Douglas Leith, doug.leith at may.ie