Faculty Position in Intelligent Systems / Machine Learning in London

Zoubin Ghahramani Zoubin at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 17 07:44:58 EDT 2002

For those of you who may not have seen this ad for a faculty position
in Intelligent Systems in the Department of Computer Science at
University College London (UCL), I've enclosed it below.

I'd like to add that the MSc in Intelligent Systems was established
and is taught jointly by the Computer Science department and the
Gatsby Unit at UCL (see http://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk).

We hope that the successful applicant for this post will have strong
interactions with members of the Gatsby Unit, adding to and
complementing our key strengths in learning theory, Bayesian methods,
reinforcement learning, pattern recognition, kernel machines and
graphical models.

-Zoubin Ghahramani
University College London

UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
Department of Computer Science

We are seeking talented researchers who are keen to undertake
innovative research embracing the application and theory of
Intelligent Systems. The successful candidate is likely to already be
working in Intelligent Systems either in a leading university research
centre or company. He/she will be expected to play a leading role in
the research and teaching of Intelligent Systems in the Department,
and especially in the development of the new MSc programme in
Intelligent Systems. Applicants will have a higher degree in a
relevant discipline and a strong Computer Science
background. Experience of applying Intelligent Systems to business or
industrial applications would be an advantage.

The appointment will be on the Lecturer A or Lecturer B scale (£22,604
to £34,671 pa including London Allowance) according to experience.

Further information regarding this post and the application form can
be found on our website (http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/vacancies).  Informal
enquiries may be directed to Professor Steve Wilbur (s.wilbur at cs.ucl.acuk).

The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 30th July 2002.

Taking Action for Equality

Claire Cawley
Human Resources Administrator and PA to Professor Wilbur, Head of Department
Department of Computer Science
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT