Postdoctoral position

Konstantin Likharev klikharev at notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Mon Feb 18 07:30:07 EST 2002

    I am looking for an outstanding postdoctoral candidate to work at Stony
Brook University (www.sunysb.edu) on the development of large scale
self-evolving neural networks based on nanoscale latching switches. The
basic ideas of this effort are described in our recent IJCNN'01 presentation
(see http://rsfq1.physics.sunysb.edu/~likharev/nano/IJCNN'01.pdf).

    The person is the position shall be responsible for the network design
and simulation (using, in particular, our new 162-processor cluster Njal),
and is supposed to work in close contact with other members of our
multi-disciplinary Stony Brook - centered collaboration. The collaboration
is working on all aspects of the development of self-evolving networks,
including their conceptual design and globally supervised training (Dr. J.
Barhen of ORNL, Prof. M. Bender and myself), CMOS VLSI prototyping (Prof. A.
Leuciuc), design of nanoscale single-electron latching switches (Prof. P.
Allen and myself), and their molecular implementation (Dr. B. Brunschwig of
BNL, Prof. J. Lukens, Prof. A. Mayr).

    The position is initially for one year, with a nearly-automatic
extension for at least one more year if the work is running smoothly. Effort
compensation is in the range $35-50K/yr (depending on candidate's
credentials) plus a generous fringe benefit package. Stony Brook University
is a EO/AA employer.

    Interested persons should send me their C.V.'s including list of
publications and names of 3 references. (No reference letters without a
specific request, please.) Additional questions by e-mail are welcome.

     Regards, K. Likharev
Konstantin K. Likharev
Professor of Physics
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3800