Postdoctoral Fellowship in Machine Learning, Gatsby Unit, London

Zoubin Ghahramani Zoubin at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 2 09:32:00 EST 2002

The following position is available. If you are interested and are
planning to attend the NIPS conference in Vancouver (Dec 9-14) please
email me and we can arrange to meet there.

Sincerely,

-Zoubin Ghahramani

		       Postdoctoral Fellowship
			   Machine Learning

		Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit
		    University College London, UK

		     http://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk

The Gatsby Unit is looking for an exceptional postdoc to work in any
area of machine learning. We are especially interested in people
working on Bayesian methods, graphical models, approximate inference,
Gaussian processes and other kernel methods, reinforcement learning,
decision theory, or game theory. Other areas which complement the
machine learning and computational neuroscience work at the Gatsby
Unit will also be welcome.

The Gatsby Unit offers an attractive environment for doing basic
research in machine learning. Postdocs are given freedom to develop
their research interests. The Unit is located in central London and
benefits from interactions with the larger machine learning community
at UCL, in London, and Cambridge.

For more information about the Gatsby Unit please see:
http://www.gatsby.ucl.ac.uk

Prospective candidates should apply with a cover letter, CV, and names
and email addresses of 2-3 referees. This should be sent by email to:
admin at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk, preferably using plain text, postscript or pdf
formats only.

The closing date for applications is 15 Jan 2003.